Being an au pair is a very safe and nice way to explore China. Living with a Chinese
family will help au pairs learn the Chinese language and culture. Host families are carefully
selected and screened. Au pair rooms are inspected, to guarantee the au pairs
Because of the "one child" policy, the majority of the families only have one child. So both the
host parents and the child are eager to have a big "sister" or "brother" living with them. Also all
the families are well educated, active and enthusiastic. Some of them had been living, studying
or working abroad for several years. So they are very open minded, sociable. They welcome the
au pairs coming to their homes very much!
Length of stay: 3-12 months.
- Male or female. 18 to 29 years old.
- Fluent in English without a strong accent.
- Has a valid medical certificate to ensure good state of health.
- Has a clean criminal record.
- You will be provided with any necessary documents and full assistance when applying for the visa.
- Receive a minimum pocket money of RMB 750 - 1500 per month.
- Your international travel & health insurance is paid by the host family.
- Room and board with the host family.
- Mandarin lessons paid for.
- For placements of 6 months and more flights are paid for by the host family. For placements less than 6 months a stipend of $200 is paid, for summer placements a stipend of $400 is paid.
- Airport pick up.
- Welcome pack with SIM card and public transportation card.
- Support from your LCC (Local Care Coordinator).
- Opportunity to travel with host family.
- Various cultural activity with other au pairs.
- Placements in Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Changsha and a number of other cities across China.
- 1.5 consecutive days off per week, including one full weekend off per month. 3 days of holiday upon completion of each 3 months of the program.
- Duties for 25 hours per week.
- Child care.
- Light housework.
- Help the children practice their foreign language.
- Share Western culture.
- A participant who is active in family events.
Cost to applicants:
For an application form please complete the following:(all fields required)