We can only place British & Irish au pairs.
The au pair program for the USA is set and monitored by the US State Department and the following requirements apply to all au pairs regardless of which agency they go through:
- You need to be a driver.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26 years old (available to fly to the USA prior to your 27th birthday).
- Complete an application and submit to a thorough one-to-one personal interview.
- Have no criminal record and be able to secure proof of the lack of any criminal history from a recognised authority.
- Be in good health and provide a medical report completed by a qualified medical doctor.
- Have at least 200 hours of infant care experience to qualify for placement in a family with children under two years of age.
A few of the benefits are:
- All your flights will be paid for, from and back to an airport of your choice in Europe. (You are responsible for baggage fees).
- Participation in a 3 or 4 day training program (au pair workshop, infant/child safety, CPR & first aid) usually in New York, all expenses paid by the program.
- Funding for studying at a post-secondary educational institution of $500
- Medical insurance.
- A weekly stipend (pocket money) of $195.75, in addition to room and full board with the family.
- Support from a local counsellor throughout your au pair stay in the USA.
If you are interested, please let us know by completing the following: