Care International

Almondbury contact details Contact

Au pair visa for Austria

Nationals from EU countries do not require a visa or work permit for Austria.
Nationals from non-EU countries, require a work permit and must have their employer apply for the permit and receive their permit before the Au pair departs their home country. Austrian families can submit their Au pair"e;s Work Permit application through the AMS. The visa is good for 6 months and may be extended for an additional 6 months. Au pairs requiring a residence permit/Visa must apply before leaving their country of origin. The labor authorities will issue a confirmation authorizing the employment (Anzeigebestätigung) upon submission of the formal notification request (Anzeige) and a contract of employment (AuPair-Vertrag). Note: The contract will detail general conditions of employment, i.e., for 25 hours of child care per week and some housekeeping duties, au pairs must get lodging, a ATS 800-per-week minimum stipend and some access to educational opportunities.
The Austrian residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) can only be applied for and obtained outside of Austria at an Austrian Embassy or Consulate by submitting proper forms to the labor office confirmation. The permit is valid for a maximum of 12 months and renewal after 6 months is mandatory. Austria visa home page.
Austria currently has a Youth Workers Exchange Program available to Canadian graduates aged between 18 and 30. The program is called Swap.
au pair & nanny agency Established 1994  Au pair & Nanny Site Map Email us for help on au pairs or nannies  28-Jun-2017