Canada does not offer an au pair program, but au pairs and nannies can legally work in the country
1- Canada Caregiver program
- Canada caregiver program.
- The Live-in Caregiver Program is a special program to bring
workers to Canada to do live-in work as caregivers when there are not enough Canadians to
fill the available positions. A "live-in caregiver" is someone who provides
unsupervised care of children, the elderly or the disabled in a private household.
- Successful Nannies receive an employment authorisation
allowing them to work in Canada as live-in caregivers. After two years of employment,
program participants can apply in Canada to become permanent residents; they may be
granted permanent resident status provided they meet certain requirements. Note: the two
years of employment must be completed within three years of the caregiver's arrival in
2- Canada Holiday Work Visas
- Canadian temporary employment programs.
- For people aged 18 - 30 and who are citizens of the following countries:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, Taiwan, Sweden, the UK and the US.
- The maximum validity of an employment authorization issued under this program is usually 12 months. The additional requirements vary from country to country.