For applicants from:
- Outside the European Union:
- Aged 18-25.
- The Swiss government limits the number of residence permits for au pairs from non-EU countries, so your host family will have to check with their local Canton authorties to check the quota.
- EU Countries Bulgaria and Romania
- The remaining EU countries
- Aged 17-30.
- Obtain a residence permit from the a cantonal authorities here they receive their short term residence permit or residence permit after presenting a work contract.
- Pocket money is 600 to 780 CHF depending on Canton.
- The au pair must attend a language course of at least 4 hours per week. The host family has to pay at 50% of the language course fees.
- The native language of the au pair may not be the official language of the Canton where the host family resides ( so for example a French au pair cannot go the Geneva ).
- The au pair may not work for more than 30 hours per week and 5 hours per day. The au pair is entitled to at least 1.5 days off per week, of which at least Sunday every month.
- The host family must arrange health insurance for the au pair.
Holiday Work Visa
Canadian citizens between the ages of 18 and 35 are eligible for a working holiday visa. Complete details here